Friday, May 1, 2009

Cinnamon Sugar

They sell this!

I've always made my own.

And ended up with a ginormous amount because I couldn't get the ratio right.

So today I looked it up. And figured I'd blog about it so I could remember it next time.


VERDICT:
Use homemade. It's cheaper, period.

Cinnamon Sugar (1 old spice container-full, 2 min)
1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 TB cinnamon

MIX.
** 5/22 Update: We prefer our cinnamon sugar to be a bit more "cinnamon-y", so I use closer to 2 TB of cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ratio- I have made it for 30 years and always put too much of the sugar or too much cinnamon it it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just needed some cinnamon and sugar this morning. My shaker had run out. I remembered that you had the ratio on your website. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete